Layout

Sunday, May 30, 2010

K-on! love





If someone told me that they didn't like K-on! because there was no plot, and all of it was moe girly crap... I would agree with them first, and then, after they were gone, I'd cry salty, salty tears in a corner, and clutch my electric guitar whilst watching episode 1 of season 1 of K-on! for the 10000th time. Why do I like K-on!? Well, what really grabbed me was the animation. I adore the chubby, squishy-faced style in which all the girls are drawn. I like the fact that it lacks fanservice, unlike most anime centered around girls in uniform... (it has its moments but they aren't really obvious). I like each of the girls' personalities (well, except for Ritsu, but she's just not my type of character anyway) and I LOVE that they drink tea/eat sweets every day. The show makes me feel relaxed and also sometimes inspires me to play my guitar more often. It's a music-lover's moe fest, and I can't get enough of it!




Oh, and did I mention that Volks caught K-on! fever, too?!!?!?!? They released Yui and Mio DDs, which I REALLY wanted to buy. You have no idea how much I would've loved to have had the money just then to buy a Mio doll. X3 Of course, they HAD to be Japan-only exclusives, but what can I say? I love me some K-on! !!!!




Of course, if you're not looking to break the bank (and who is, these days?) there are still some available 25-27cm Azone dolls which have the girls and their guitars. Not as versatile as the DDs, but hey, I think they're more accurate and they're a helluva lot cheaper. XD There are also more of them!!!! Aside from Mio, featured here, the rest of the cast is up for sale - Mugi, Yui, Ritsu, and Azu-nyan are up for grabs.

I've been watching season 2 and I really enjoy it! I'm glad they didn't change it much from 1.

No comments:

Post a Comment